what's the cause of contraception failure?
In theory, with correct use, the rate of contraception between condom users goes up to 98%. However, what might be the reason behind failure of contraception? How to stop that from happening?
- Accidental breakage of condom - The reason for the same can be caused by big movements during sex, or the tearing of extra-thin condoms because of fingernail or ring.
- Wearing a wrong size condom – A condom that is a bit larger or smaller than your size might end up slipping off or breaking in the vagina during sex, which results in exposure to semen.
- Didn’t pay attention to the condom and ended up having sex with the one with holes.
- Didn’t get rid of air in the reservoir tip, leading to the breakage of condom after ejaculation due to increased pressure.
- Exposure to semen because of delayed removal of penis and condom from the vagina of the lady.
- Some are worried that the condom might reduce the degree of sexual excitement, so they’d preferably put it on just before climax, but this won’t aid in contraception. There is a tiny content of sperm in men’s urethral mucus that might end up flowing into a women’s vagina. While you might subdue your need to ejaculate, there might still be little semen excreted from your penis, which can lead to the failure of contraception.
- Using improper lubricants - It is seen that mineral oil and vegetable oil such as Vaseline and lotion end up bringing down the durability level of condoms within 5 minutes.
- Improper storage - Keeping condoms exposed to light, heat, humidity and ozone will undermine the durability of condoms.
- Only after wearing an appropriate condom, one should completely immerse in sex. Opt for Durex. A brand that has a history that dates back to more than 80 years. Tough, reliable and desirable Durex products will assist you in experiencing perfect sex.
If you realize that the condom has broken or slipped off during sex or after sex, you should opt for emergency contraception instantaneously or visit a doctor for advice.